Friday, May 30, 2008

Go ahead- stab me in the heart.

My little brother, Kadan, is in Iraq. He's in Iraq. He's in Iraq. He's 21. And in Iraq. He's been there for a while now and everything's been fine. He reassures us that things are safe, so I've felt at ease.
I was just informed by my mom (a few days late) that he wrote her, his wife and my dad emails basically saying "I love you"..they knew something was wrong. They ended up finding out the next day that word had gotten around that the Shiites were planning on raiding the camp that he's at. He spent his day-off laying in his bunk, holding his gun, scared shitless. I am so upset. I don't want my baby brother to be scared. I don't want him to be sad or lonely.. I hate this.

3 comments:

Callie said...

I'll add him to my prayers. My step-brother in law leaves for Iraq in August.. not the same, I know, but I have a glimmer of understanding. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Erin said...

That must be so hard. Can you take any small comfort from the fact that he is proudly serving his country?

BTW, I am tagging you. Welcome to blogging!
Check out my blog for more details.

Jennifer said...

Oh hun, how scary. I am hoping he gets to come home soon.