Just got back from the 2nd training at my new job. So far it's not too bad.
There's a girl there that I used to work with at Doctor's On Duty so atleast I'm not alone.
We went on a walk on our break and talked. It's definitely hard work and little sitting down, but atleast I'm getting exersize. So far it's not awful. But there isn't much drama being spoken of right now.. so we'll see. We ARE the only white girls.. so I'm sure it will get interesting.
I forgot how hard it is to stand for long periods of time. Or maybe my health/weight has just gotten worse and that's why. Or maybe it's the fact that I had shitty slip-on shoes.. iunno. Either way.. it's a lot of work being on your feet and walking for 4 hours straight. I seriously need to get some good shoes.
Most of the patients were homeless or close to it, but not too terribly smelly and dirty. We had a couple patients with hypertension, diabetes, ear lavage, chronic inflammatory desease, absesses, etc.
One lady (who wasn't my patient, thankfully) started screaming and crying and was yelling swear words and had to get escorted out by my buddy, the security man. It was quite interesting.
The funny part is, everyone kept saying to us "Are you guys ready for all of that?!"
Um. Duh. We deal with WAY worse- that's a DAILY OCCURENCE where we are at, and we are usually on the receiving end of it.
It was just funny how they thought that was a big deal.
Anyway.. so I went and got my blood draw (prog level) on my lunch break so we should be getting the results today or tomorrow. I look forward to that. Hopefully it will tell me that I'm preggo (:::giggles::::)
I am eating some Chinese food right now, then I'll leave to go to a doctor's appt to try to figure out what's going on with my stomach.
I'm thinking that since I'll be busy A LOT the next couple of weeks and then starting the 25th, I'll not have internet access during the day.. I'll just try to update this with as much info as possible. Even if it's random shit. I KNOW you are all so captured by my very interesting life.
Gotta run,
Peace outside
Consumption 17
1 day ago
3 comments:
I hope you DO keep up with the updates! I like to know you're ok.
Glad to know the training went OK.
I hope everything goes well with the rest of your training and that you get to feeling better.
Good Luck, and HUGS!
I always want an update but that's because I'm your secret stalker ;) oops....
I'm glad the work stuff is going ok. I hope you are doing ok with the stomach issues. I've been thinking about you.
Post a Comment