Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Update on Pancreatitis issue

I had to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn(for me) and rush to town to make sure I was there for my 7:15 ultrasound (and blood work to follow). I get there and a lady is greeting people walking in. She's yelling and apologizing that the lab is closed due to no power.
Effing fantastic. These are supposed to be fasting labs and I'm already starving.. which means I'm going to have to do this all over again later this week. Welp, I'll run downstairs and do my ultrasound and then grab something to eat on my way to work and take care of the labs tomorrow.
I get downstairs to find that Radiology is also out of power. CRAP.
For some reason they let me check in and didn't say a word about the outage being a problem. So I grab a magazine and begin reading about a new "G" spot..called the "A" spot. Awesome. Atleast I'm getting something out of this.
Staff is going around to everyone EXCEPT for me to talk to them about rescheduling.
So after I get ignored for 40minutes, I go to the front desk and ask them if I can r/s.

So.. I don't know what the deal is. It's a fasting u/s too..so it's not like I can wait all day to do it. I called my doctor's office to let them know what's going on with the lab and radiology.. my doctor and her MA are not working today.
So awesome. I guess I'm just going to get ignored and by the time I get everything figured out, it's either going to get worse or resolve on it's own (I'm thinking the latter). So, I give up. Screw it. I'm feeling a little better today anyways.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh man, that sucks! I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that.