

I had my Lap etc. yesterday.
**warning..I am on lots of drugs and I'm posting some icky pictures****
I went in feeling okay about it. Not too nervous. I had the surgery and woke up in a wicked fog, wicked pain, gasping for air and my face itching like crazy. I had a reaction to the anesthesia. I couldn't breathe and my oxygen went down to 84%. They got me on 02 and Benadryl and it went away a couple hours later.
Then they noticed my heart rate wouldn't go down (resting/sleeping), so they had to monitor me and give me more drugs to try to slow it...didn't work.
Long story kinda short- they ran a Complete Blood Count to check for internal bleeding and it came out a little low but they didn't feel it was too much of a threat, so 7 or so hours later I got to go home.
I was to observe my pulse and make sure it didn't go above 150-160. It hasn't, so it's all good.
MIL brought me back to her house, got me settled in the guest bedroom and brought me some soup on a dinner tray. FIL had a dozen hot pink roses waiting for me when I got here. It was the sweetest thing ever.
I was still having quite a bit of pain this morning and when my doc called this morning to check on me so she asked me to come in. She checked me out, listened to my stomach and everything looked ok. She said she found some Endometriosis, and several cysts but only one she removed off of my right ovary. She saw my fibroid on my uterus but didn't remove it as she doesn't think it's causing much pain.
Over all, she said things looked good and we should be crystal clear to start trying again (and having a good chance) next cycle. I'm pretty pumped to start again. Although, at this time, I don't want any manly parts anywhere around me..lol.
2 comments:
Glad to hear you're doing ok! I have been thinking of you!
Wow, that's one crazy amount of stuff they did to you with this surgery. I'm glad MIL and FIL were there to take such good care of you.
Post a Comment